Friday, May 16, 2008

Giant Puffy Pancake

Last night I made this giant apple puffy pancake for dinner. I'm lactose intolerant so I had to alter the recpie a bit, but it still turned out rather well!

Apple Puffed Pancake for the Lactose Intolerant

6 eggs
1 ½ cups soy milk
1 cup flour
3 Tbls sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbls margarine
2 apples peeled & chopped
3 Tbls brown sugar

Preheat oven to 425. In a blender or large bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until well blended. Melt margarine in a 9×13” pan in oven, add apple slices to baking dish and return to oven until butter sizzles, do not let it brown. Remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and brown, Serve immediately.

Giant Apple German Pancake for supper

We did think that it wasn't quite sweet enough for us so next time I think I'll toss the apple bits in some cinnamon sugar and also use vanilla soy milk in place of regular (Thanks Marie for that tip!).

The kids ate it though, well one of them did, my 3-year-old has been super picky lately and she's not eating much. Hubs and I liked it though!!

No comments: